Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Post #1: This Just In... My Top 5 News Sources

As the year 2021 comes to an end and 2022 begins, the public remains frazzled in regard to the current state of our world. With a global pandemic still in motion, it seems like all that is on any screen somehow relates to Covid-19. Constant reminders of what is going on around the world are flooding our screens. While some reminders may be uplifting, most of the time they are discouraging and depressing. Like many my age, I am constantly checking my phone to see a change in any media platform. The main sources that I go to for information on my phone are Instagram and TikTok. Aside from seeking information from my apps, I typically watch Fox 8 News, Entertainment Tonight, and ESPN to stay up to date on the latest in home, Hollywood, and sports news.

Social Media, a place where people find themselves so hooked on the the newest trends, what new billion dollar house their favorite celebrity just bought, what is happening with world, and the list goes on. This famous social media app incorporates an endless amount of information. You can easily find out details and news with the click of a button. Instagram is a form of social media that I use on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this app to those who love to be up to date on what is going on in people's lives and the world around us. Although Instagram is filled with corrupt and fake news, like the young adult that I am, I often find myself getting sucked into the media. I do find it difficult to decipher between what is real and what is fake, but I always make sure that the information that I stand by is from a reliable source.

Similar to Instagram, TikTok is a quick and easy source for all ages. Although TikTok does have an age restriction for who can have an account, TikTok can become very addicting and I have found myself getting on the app one minute and then hours passing by. Even though I love this app, it can become an addiction, so I would not recommend it to those who do not need any other distractions in their lives, but I would recommend it to those who are looking for a fun and entertaining app. This app includes everything from dances, challenges, trends, news, and more. TikTok is quickly becoming one of the most addicting apps we have ever seen. Although TikTok is an entertainment app, it has provided the public with information on pressing topics such as climate change and the global pandemic. TikTok can be very useful in many ways, as it provides daily hacks  that are useful for everyday life. This app is an easy way to access the daily news as well staying up to date on the latest trends. 

Fox 8 News is my areas local news channel that ranges from Winston- Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. This is one of the main news broad casting station that I go to for daily news and weather updates. This news source covers a wide variety of topics, both local and global. The local news may include local sporting events and weather forecast, but it also reports on national and global events, such as the current pandemic. Live broadcasting news channels often report on the negative side of society. In my opinion, typical news stations focus on the pessimistic side of things and make situations seem worse than they actually are. Even though the news casters mainly focus and report on the negative, I find myself going back to this new source because of the reliable information they provide and that is why I recommend this news station.      

Entertainment Tonight is not only another television network that provides information and news, but it also provides the same information and more through magazines, social media, and other online platforms. This type of media focuses more on celebrity related news and provides the public with updated details and facts about what is going on throughout the Hollywood world. I would recommend this news station to those who are interested in celebrities lives and all things Hollywood. I find myself watching this type of news because it is not only informative, but entertaining.   

ESPN is a news source that is all about sports. This type of news not only provides updates on scores from games, but it gives daily updates on players and anything sports related. ESPN can focus on local, national, and worldwide sports.  I love to watch and play sports, so this type of broadcasting station provides me with the information that I need to stay up to date with my favorite teams and athletes. I would recommend this source to all sports lovers. If you are not a big sports fan, then I would not suggest you use this source. I typically visit this channel through my television, but it is available through any technological device. Not only does this station provide up to date information on sports, it also allows you to experience the sports world from previous years.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #11 Final Post: The Impact of Technology

For generations people have speculated how the future would look and would often predict popular technological inventions, such as highways ...